Sheffield United vs Arsenal – Match preview, Team News, lineups, H2H & Match Stats
Arsenal have been in a bad form since the return of the season, losing to both Manchester City and Brighton before getting a win over a struggling Southampton side.
The last match between both side was in January which they played 1-1 draw at the Emirates Stadium. A goal from Martinelli gave Arsenal a first half lead before Fleck getting the equaliser at the eighty-three minute.
David Luiz will be available for selection after serving is two match ban for the second Red he was given against Manchester City.
Cedric Soares and Kieran Tierney will be available for selection in their next match against Norwich.
Calum Chamber, Bernd Leno, Pablo Mari and Gabriel Martinelli are all out of today’s match and won’t be available till the end of the season.
Sheffield United are not having injury players and most of their players will be available for selection in today’s match.
Sheffield United possible starting lineup:
Henderson; Basham, Egan, O’Connell; Baldock, Freeman, Norwood, Besic, Osborn; McBurnie, Sharp
Arsenal possible starting lineup:
Martinez; Maitland-Niles, Sokratis, Holding, Saka; Xhaka, Guendouzi; Nelson, Willock, Aubameyang; Lacazette
Head to Head
2020-01-18 Arsenal 1–1 Sheffield United
2019-10-21 Sheffield United 1-0 Arsenal
2008-09-23 Arsenal 6–0 Sheffield United
2006-12-30 Sheffield United 1-0 Arsenal
2006-09-23 Arsenal 3–0 Sheffield United
- Sheffield United and Arsenal last faced in the FA Cup back in March 2005 in a fifth-round replay; after a goalless draw, the Gunners won 4-2 on penalties at Bramall Lane.
- Arsenal have won just one of their last eight away matches against Sheffield United in all competitions (D4 L3), a 3-0 win in October 2007 in the League Cup.
- Sheffield United last played in an FA Cup quarter-final in 2013-14 as a League One side, winning 2-0 against Charlton Athletic to progress to that season’s semi-final, where they lost 5-3 to Hull City.
- Arsenal have progressed from 13 of their last 15 FA Cup quarter-final matches, losing in this run in 2010-11 against Man Utd and 2015-16 against Watford.
- Sheffield United’s six FA Cup goals this season have been scored by different players (Robinson, Clarke, Besic, Norwood, McGoldrick, Sharp); they last had more scorers in a season back in 2013-14 (nine).