Norwich City vs Manchester United – Match preview, Team News, lineups, H2H & Match Stats
No one could have thought a FA Cup quarter-final will be played in June but due to corona virus pandemic the cup was suspended for four month and has finally returned.
Man United coming from a fantastic display in their last match, winning Sheffield United 3-0 at home. A hat-trick from Anthony Martial gives the Red the victory.
Norwich City are battling relegation in the league but doesn’t mean they can’t progress to the next round, their last match was against Tottenham which they past through on penalties.
Sam Byram, Grant Hanley and Christoph Zimmermann are all out of today’s match and the whole season for Norwich City.
Most of Manchester United players are available for selection but United boss Ole will have to rest some of is players due to fatigue.
The hat trick man Anthony Martial will have to make way for Odion Ighalo up front and Bruno Fernandes Could be replaced by Juan mata.
Norwich possible starting lineup:
Krul; Aarons, Godfrey, Klose, Lewis; Trybull, Vrancic; Buendia, Stiepermann, Cantwell; Pukki
Man Utd possible starting lineup:
Romero; Dalot, Bailly, Maguire, Williams; McTominay, Fred; Mata, Lingard, Greenwood; Ighalo
Head to Head
2020-01-11 Manchester United 4-0 Norwich City
2019-10-27 Norwich City 1-3 Manchester United
2016-05-07 Norwich City 0-1 Manchester United
2015-12-19 Manchester United 1-2 Norwich City
2014-04-26 Manchester United 4-0 Norwich City
- Norwich and Man Utd last met in the FA Cup in the fourth round in 1993-94, with the Red Devils winning 2-0 at Carrow Road, going on to win the trophy that season.
- Manchester United have won 10 of their last 12 away games at Norwich in all competitions (L2), winning each of their last three including a 3-1 victory earlier this season in the Premier League.
- Norwich City are participating in their first FA Cup quarter-final since the 1991-92 campaign, when they eliminated Southampton after a replay to reach the semi-final.
- Manchester United are participating in the FA Cup quarter-final for a sixth consecutive season, although they’ve only progressed to the semi-final in two of the previous five seasons, going out at this stage last season via a 2-1 away defeat at Wolves.
- Norwich are winless in their last seven home FA Cup matches (D3 L4) since a 4-1 win against Burnley back in January 2012.