Leicester City vs Chelsea – Match preview, Team News, lineups, H2H & Match Stats
Chelsea have been in a great form since he restart of the football season, winning both match match they played with Aston Villa and Manchester City.
Leicester City have been dropping point since the return, drawing both match against Watford and Brighton. Brendan Rodgers will be hoping to get the win.
Lampard iis expected to rotate some of is key players to stay fresh for the rest of the season.
Ruben Loftus-Cheek Could return into the starting XI after been seen in training. He have been battling with injury for a while.
The llike of Tammy Abraham is expected to start today’s give Oliver Giroud chance to rest for their next premier league match.
Leicester City are not having fresh injury on their treatment table except for Ricardo Pereira and Daniel Amartey who are out of today’s match.
Leicester possible starting lineup:
Schmeichel; Justin, Evans, Morgan, Fuchs; Perez, Choudhury, Tielemans, Praet, Barnes; Iheanacho
Chelsea possible starting lineup:
Caballero; James, Christensen, Zouma, Emerson; Gilmour, Jorginho, Kovacic; Loftus-Cheek, Abraham, Pedro
Head to Head
2020-02-01 Leicester City 2-2 Chelsea
2019-08-18 Chelsea 1-1 Leicester City
2019-05-12 Leicester City 0-0 Chelsea
2018-12-22 Chelsea 0-1 Leicester City
2018-03-18 Leicester City 1-2 Chelsea
- Leicester are winless in all eight previous FA Cup matches against Chelsea (D2 L6), going out at the quarter-final stage in their last two ties against the Blues in 2011-12 and 2017-18.
- Chelsea have only faced Hull City (11 games) and Burnley (9) more often in the FA Cup without losing than their eight unbeaten games against Leicester.
- Leicester have been eliminated from all 10 domestic cup ties against Chelsea (four League Cup, six FA Cup), the joint-worst record by a team against an opponent in FA Cup/League Cup ties, along with Stoke City vs Liverpool (eliminated in all 10 ties).
- Chelsea have lost only two of their last 20 games against Leicester in all competitions (W13 D5 L2), although they are winless in four against the Foxes (D3 L1).
- Leicester City are looking to reach the FA Cup semi-finals for the first time since the 1981-82 campaign – they have been eliminated in four FA Cup quarter-finals since then, with the most recent two coming against Chelsea.