Chelsea vs Manchester City – Match preview, Team News, lineups, H2H & Match Stats
Chelsea come from a goal behind to defeat Aston Villa 1-2 in their last match, a two minute goals from both Pulisic and Olivier Giroud secure the three point for the blues.
Frank Lampard side will be looking to defeat Man City to move closer to Leicester City before meeting in their next match.
Manchester City are currently sitting comfortably in second position, winning their last game against Burnley 5-0 a brace from both Foden and Mahrez secure the three point.
Jorginho will be back for Chelsea, after serving is one match ban due to is tenth yellow card of the season.
Bukayo Tomori is out of today’s match, but will be back to full training next week and could play in their next premier league match.
Sergio AAguero pick up a injury during their match against Burnley and won’t be available for selection this evening.
Raheem Sterling and Kevin De Bruyne both start from the bench in their last match against Burnley and they could both start in today’s match.
Chelsea possible starting lineup:
Kepa; Azpilicueta, Christensen, Rudiger, Alonso; Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic; Willian, Giroud, Pulisic
Man City possible starting lineup:
Ederson; Walker, Fernandinho, Laporte, Mendy; De Bruyne, Gundogan, Foden; Mahrez, Jesus, Sterling
Head to Head
2019-11-23 Manchester City 2-1 Chelsea
2019-02-24 Chelsea 0-0 Manchester City
2019-02-10 Manchester City 6-0 Chelsea
2018-12-08 Chelsea 2-0 Manchester City
2018-08-05 Chelsea 0-2 Manchester City
- Chelsea are unbeaten in four Premier League games (winning three), netting at least twice in all four of these matches.
- Chelsea are aiming to win three consecutive home Premier League games for the first time since November 2019.
- Chelsea had 74 per cent possession in our win at Aston Villa, the 29th time this season we have had the majority of possession in a Premier League game, more than any other side.
- Man City lost their last Premier League game in London (0-2 v Tottenham). They hey have not lost consecutive games in the capital since December 2015.
- Pep Guardiola’s side have lost seven Premier League games this season, one more than in their previous two campaigns combined.
- Manchester City have lost two of their past three Premier League away games. They have not had a spell of losing three in four on the road since January 2017.