Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United – Match preview, Team News, lineups, H2H & Match Stats
A late Harry Maguire goal in the dying moment of the extra time send United to Wembley. It was a frustrating match for United playing 120 minutes before they finally get the win.
United and ccurrently on sixth position on the league and a win could see them back at fifth and two point behind Chelsea who is in fourth position.
Brighton have been fighting for survival and since the return of the league they have been fantastic getting three point against Arsenal and one point from Leicester City .
Most oof Manchester United players are fit for today’s match except Phil Jones and Axel Tuanzebe who are expected to be back soon.
Jose Izquierdo is out of this game with a knee injury and will be back next month but Steven Alzate will be back in today’s match.
Brighton possible starting lineup:
Ryan; Montoya, Duffy, Dunk, Burn; Stephens, Bissouma; Connolly, Mac Allister, Mooy; Maupay
Man Utd possible starting lineup:
De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw; Matic, Pogba; James, Fernandes, Rashford; Martial
Head to Head
2019-11-10 Manchester United 3-1 Brighton
2019-01-19 Manchester United 2-1 Brighton
2018-08-19 Brighton 3-2 Manchester United
2018-05-04 Brighton 1-0 Manchester United
2018-03-17 Manchester United 1-0 Brighton
Match Stats (Opta)
- Brighton have won their last three top-flight home games against Manchester United, in a run stretching back to 1982.
- Manchester United have lost both of their Premier League away games against Brighton. Only against Chelsea (2003-2006), Everton (2012-2015), Liverpool (2008-2011), Southampton (1996-1998) and Tottenham (2016-2018) have they lost three consecutive away Premier League games against an opponent.
- All five Premier League meetings between Brighton and Man Utd have been won by the home side, the most played Premier League fixture with the home side winning 100% of the time.
- Brighton are unbeaten in their last three Premier League matches, with all three of these games coming against sides starting in the top half of the table (Wolves, Arsenal, Leicester). They last had a longer unbeaten league run between January-March 2018 (5 games).
- Brighton have kept two clean sheets in their last three Premier League games, as many as they had in their previous 20 in the competition. The exception in this three game run was against Arsenal, where they won having conceded the first goal for the first time in the Premier League this season.