Aston Villa vs Wolverhampton – Match preview, Team News, lineups, H2H & Match Stats
Wolves have been fantastic this is season and they are fighting for a European Cup spot. A win today could see them move to fifth place behind Chelsea and above Man United.
Astom Villa have been in the relegation zone since the beginning of the season and will be hoping to get out with a win. They currently on nineteen and a win could move them one spot up.
No ffresh injury for both Wolverhampton and Aston Villa both some of their players are still out of today’s match.
Wolves player Frederic Guilbert and Danny Drinkwater may be part of today’s game but need to be assessed before the match this evening.
As for, Bjorn Engels, Wesley and Tom Heaton are all out of today’s match and may not return soon for wolves.
Aston Villa possible starting lineup:
Nyland; Elmohamady, Hause, Mings, Targett; McGinn, Luiz, Hourihane; El Ghazi, Samatta; Grealish
Wolves possible starting lineup:
Patricio; Boly, Coady, Saiss; Doherty, Neves, Moutinho, Castro; Traore, Jimenez, Jota
Head to Head
2019-11-10 Wolverhampton 2-1 Aston Villa
2019-10-30 Aston Villa 2-1 Wolverhampton
2018-03-10 Aston Villa 4-1 Wolverhampton
2017-10-14 Wolverhampton 2-0 Aston Villa
2017-01-14 Wolverhampton 1-0 Aston Villa
- Aston Villa have lost just one of their last 14 home games against Wolves in all competitions (W10 D3), going down 0-1 in the Premier League in March 2011. Indeed, the Villans have already beaten Wolves at Villa Park this season (2-1 in the EFL Cup).
- Wolves are looking to complete a league double over Aston Villa for the first time since the 1962-63 campaign.
- Aston Villa’s last six Premier League wins have been against sides in the bottom half of the table. They’re winless in their last 19 top-flight games against sides starting the day in the top six (D2 L17), losing each of the last 13 in a row.
- Wolves have won six Premier League away games this season, they last won more on the road in a single top-flight campaign in 1979-80 (10).
- Aston Villa have won more fouls than any other Premier League side this season (411), with 35% of these being won by Jack Grealish alone (144).