Aston Villa vs Chelsea – Match preview, Team News, lineups, H2H & Match Stats
Chelsea will be travelling away from home to face a bottom side Aston Villa, the Blues have been in a great form before the league was suspended and they will be hoping to continue with it.
Aston Villa have a dreadful record against the ‘big six’, having no wins and 19 defeats from their last 21 matches, picking up only two points from the 63.
Villa’s record against Chelsea is particularly poor and the Blues are currently on their best ever winning run in this fixture of five in a row, while they have won nine of their last 10 Premier League games against villa.
Chelsea were in great form before the league was suspended in March, having beaten Everton 4-0 and beating the league leaders Liverpool in the FA Cup to enter the fifth round.
The Blues are currently on fourth position on the league table and will be looking to move closer to Leicester City who played 1-1 draw against Watford.
Jorginho will not be available for selection due to suspension, he collected is tenth yellow card of the season and will serve a match ban.
Callum Hudson-Odoi have been struggle with an ankle injury even before the league suspension and won’t be available too.
N’Golo Kante is very doubtful to play because he didn’t resume to training quick due to the fear of having corona virus.
Aston vVilla are not having any injury problem and all their players will be available for selection.
Aston Villa possible starting lineup:
Nyland; Konsa, Hause, Mings, Targett; Hourihane, Luiz, Nakamba; El Ghazi, Samatta, Grealish
Chelsea possible starting lineup:
Kepa; Azpilicueta, Rudiger, Zouma, Alonso; Kante, Gilmour, Kovacic; Loftus-Cheek, Abraham, Willian
Head to Head
2019-12-04 Chelsea 2-1 Aston Villa
2018-04-02 Aston Villa 0-4 Chelsea
2015-10-17 Chelsea 2-0 Aston Villa
2015-02-07 Aston Villa 1-2 Chelsea
2015-10-27 Chelsea 3-0 Aston Villa
- Aston Villa have lost nine of their last 10 Premier League games against Chelsea, winning the other at Villa Park in March 2014.
- Chelsea have won their last five league games against Aston Villa, their best winning run against the Villans.
- Aston Villa have taken just two points from their last 63 available against ‘big six’ Premier League sides, (W0 D2 L19), drawing with Man City in November 2015, and with Man Utd this season.
- Aston Villa have won on six of the seven days of the week in the Premier League this season, with the only exception being Sunday. A win here will see them become just the second team in top-flight history to win a match on all seven days of the week within a season, after Tottenham in 1986-87.
- After a run of eight straight wins, Chelsea lost their last Premier League game against a side in the relegation zone, going down 1-3 at Everton in December. They’ve not lost consecutive such games since January 2011 (vs Birmingham and Wolves).