Arsenal vs Slavia Prague – Match preview, Team News, lineups, H2H & Match Stats
Arsenal host Slavia Prague at the Emirates Stadium this evening in their UEFA Europa League Quarter-final tie this evening.
Mikel Arteta’s side are coming from a humiliating defeat from Liverpool last weekend when they lost 0-3 at home, they will be hoping to bounce back with today’s match.
Arsenal knock out Olympiacos to qualify for this round, while Slavia Prague defeat Rangers to book their place in the quarter-finals too.
The last time Arsenal face Slavia Prague was in the UEFA Champions league in 2007, when Arsenal defeated them 7-0 at the Emirates Stadium.
Arsenal : David Luiz and Kieran Tierney are not available for this match due to injury.
Slavia Prague : Simon Deli, David Hovorka and Ondrej Kolar won’t be playing in today’s match due to injury.
Arsenal Potential lineup:
Leno; Bellerin, Holding, Gabriel, Cedric; Partey, Elneny; Saka, Odegaard, Pepe; Lacazette
Slavia Prague potential lineup:
Vagner; Bah, Zima, Hromada, Boril; Holes, Sevcik; Sima, Stanciu, Olayinka; Kuchta
2007-11-07 Slavia Prague 0-0 Arsenal
2007-07-23 Arsenal 7-0 Slavia Prague
- The only previous matches between Arsenal and Slavia Prague in European competition were in the group stages of the 2007-08 UEFA Champions League – Arsenal won 7-0 at home before drawing 0-0 away. In the 7-0 win, five of Arsenal’s goals were scored by players aged 20 or younger (x2 Walcott, x2 Fàbregas, x1 Bendtner).
- In all European competition Arsenal are unbeaten against Czech opposition (W7 D1 L0), keeping seven clean sheets in eight matches; they have scored 22 times and conceded only twice across these games.
- Slavia Prague will become the first team to face three British opponents (Leicester, Rangers and Arsenal) in the knockout rounds of a UEFA European competition since AC Milan in the 2006-07 Champions League (Celtic, Man Utd and Liverpool).
- This is Arsenal’s 16th quarter-final tie in major European competition, progressing from nine of the previous 15, including each of the last two – versus CSKA Moscow in 2017-18 and Napoli in 2018-19, both in this competition.
- 15 different players have scored for Arsenal in the UEFA Europa League this season (own goals excluded), the most unique scorers of any side this season; the only side to have more different players score for them in a single UEFA Europa League campaign were Arsenal in 2017-18 (16).