AC Milan vs Sampdoria – Match preview, Team News, lineups, H2H & Match Stats
The International break is over, and here we are again, as AC Milan host mid table side Sampdoria at the San Siro in a early kick off match.
Milan will be hoping to secure the three point this afternoon, so that they can close the gap on their City rivals Inter Milan who seat on top of the table.
Sampdoria have been on a bad run of form winning only one game in their last five Serie A match. They will need to perform well to get something out of today’s match.
AC Milan : Rafael Leao, Mario Mandzukic Alessandro Romagnoli and Davide Calabria are all still missing for this weekend match against Sampdoria.
Sampdoria : Most of Ligurians players are fully fit and they be hoping to capitalise on that to win or get a draw in the match.
AC Milan possible starting lineup:
Donnarumma; Kalulu, Tomori, Kjaer, Hernandez; Bennacer, Kessie; Saelemaekers, Calhanoglu, Rebic; Ibrahimovic
Sampdoria possible starting lineup:
Audero; Bereszynski, Yoshida, Colley, Augello; Candreva, Silva, Thorsby, Jankto; Keita, Quagliarella
2020-12-06 Sampdoria 1- 2 AC Milan
2020-07-29 Sampdoria 1-4 AC Milan
2020-01-06 AC Milan 0-0 Sampdoria
2019-03-30 Sampdoria 1-0 AC Milan
2019-01-12 AC Milan 2-0 Sampdoria
- AC Milan haven’t won any of their last five home games in all competitions (D2 L3); the last time they went on a longer such run came in December 2013 under Massimiliano Allegri (six).
- AC Milan are the team with the largest negative difference between points picked up at home (22) and those gained away (37) in the Top-5 European leagues this season: -15.
- Sampdoria haven’t drawn any of their last 20 Serie A matches against sides starting the day in the top two of the table (W5 L15); a 2-1 victory against Inter in the most recent such fixture back in January.
- AC Milan have had more Direct Attacks than any other side in Serie A this season (65).
- AC Milan (42%) and Sampdoria (36%) have conceded the highest percentage of free-kick goals in Serie A this season.